Well...

My photo
I'm an actress in Los Angeles with an Ewok for a dog and a lot of work ahead of me. Read first hand what happens when you pack up and head out West!

6/5/11

The Real Fake Princess Diaries

I am The Little Mermaid. 


Seriously, I put on a wig and a dress and I introduce myself to small children as "Ariel".  This is my job.  I used to be the Development Assistant for the State Theatre of Georgia helping to raise millions of dollars to build a new children's theatre.  But then I got the wild hair to drive to LA to become wildly successful.  


Now I pretend I'm a mermaid at birthday parties...Which begs the question:


HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!?!?!


Rapunzel and I snuck into
the photo booth for a not-so-princess photoshoot 
I mean, come on!  I get to pretend to be one of the most-loved Disney princesses of all time!  Although, for copyright reasons, my costume can't be movie perfect (don't wanna get sued)  But even being a generic, knock-off princess is kinda cool.  Not to mention my first gig was a rockstar daughter's sixth birthday!


Due to my irrational fear that the most unlikely people in the world would read this blog I won't mention his name here.  It really is like blog phobia.  For instance, if I were to write a blog about how much I think Sara Palin is a crazy person I have this inner fear that she will show up at my apartment to call me names and lower my self-esteem.  Great.  Now I have to worry about Travis Barker and Sara Palin.  ...whoops.


ANYWAYS, rockstars, like our nameless fellow, really know how to throw their kids' birthday parties.  I mean, the works:  Two, count 'em, two petting zoos complete with a 5 ft llama.  A professional photo booth that printed vintage photostrips. Two bouncy houses, one of which was like a dueling slides thing that looked straight out of ninja warrior.  Professional face painters, airbrush tattoo artist, hair braiders, and caricature artist from the land of the Disney itself.  


They even had one of those people who write your name, but they do it all cool.  You know what I mean, where if your name is Vivian the V is made of two dolphins jumping out the ocean covered in glitter.  I don't know what that's called, but they had one!


So, when you're up against an amazing swimming pool, professional artists, bounce houses, and a LLAMA for cryin' out loud, even Ariel can go unnoticed.  


I had to work my fins off to get those little princesses to focus on the pictures all the parents wanted.  Not to mention avoid getting pummeled by nerf bullets, bag toss bean bags, and water cannons by this random little girl full of rage against all things princess-see (princessy? I don't know, its not a word).  But it was my very first party with this company, and while it may be a stone's throw from Birthday Clown, I am living in Los Angeles, California and I have a job.  


All Hail King Triton!!!



1 comment:

  1. Come on Lena. We both know there's really no pretending going on here.

    ReplyDelete